Sunday, January 24, 2016

Welcome to My Website

MY WEBSITE LAUNCHES ON TUESDAY (or tomorrow, depending on when you read this)! 

And guess what!? 

I wanted YOU, my readers, to be the first to see it! YOU CAN'T TELL OR SHOW ANYBODY, THOUGH! This is top secret stuff so before we continue, I'm going to need you to raise your right hand and repeat the following phrase: 

"I, (insert name here), solemnly swear to not show ANYBODY Kristin's new website because it does not launch publicly until Tuesday, January 26th. This is for MY EYES and MY EYES ONLY. I am one of the Chosen Ones. Although there would "technically" be no consequences if I were to fail to keep this promise (unless I am one of Kristin's friends...she might make me watch Simon Birch), it is my duty as a human being to withhold honesty, just as my forefathers did before me."

Thank you. You may now lower your hand and continue reading!

This is my way of expressing my appreciation to you. I cannot tell you how much your loyalty means to me! I wouldn't be where I am today without you. I'M SERIOUS! Some of you have been with me since the very beginning (Mom); some of you joined along the way. Regardless of when you started tagging along, I want you to know I'm so glad you did. You are so important to me and I'm so thankful for you.  

When I was a junior in high school, we played basketball at a school called All Saints. Upon arrival, we walked through the doors and were immediately greeted by an upbeat, zealous woman who began directing my teammates and I to the locker room like one would direct cars at a traffic stop. Silently giggling, we observed the woman bounce gleefully up a flight of stairs without losing a single ounce of momentum, all the while shouting, “Welcome! Welcome, welcome, WELCOME! Welcome! Welcome, WELCOME!”

If you’ve ever seen She’s the Man, we deemed it equivalent to the “Welcome to Illyria” ballad Principal Gold graced Viola Hastings with after transferring high schools.

As you navigate through my website, I hope you are able to envision the scenario mentioned above because that’s how excited I am!

There are not enough “welcomes” in the world to fully express how happy and grateful I am to have you visiting my website!

My website was designed by my precious friend and Phi Lamb sister, Ashton! I cannot tell you how appreciative I am for all she has done for me these last few months! She has worked ridiculously hard to get my website just right and pleasing to the public (and my OCD) eye. SHE’S A LIFE-SAVER, A GEM, A BLESSING! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY WEBSITE AND I COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT HER! Seriously. This was all her, you guys!

In his book, Love Does, Bob Goff notes:
I’ve learned that God sometimes allows us to find ourselves in a place where we want something so bad that we can’t see past it…when we want something that bad, it’s easy to mistake what we truly need for the thing we really want…all along, what God really wants for us is something much different, something more tailored to us.

12 months ago, I thought I’d be somewhere I’m not. I thought I’d be mopping floors or waiting tables in Los Angeles, attempting to slowly work my way up in the entertainment industry. Instead, I’m launching a website and pursuing public speaking! I wanted so badly to move to Los Angeles, but learned, in time, that wasn’t what I truly needed. As it turns out, God had something much different in mind, something more tailored to me.

There’s a poem called Everything I Needed and the final line reads, “I received nothing I wanted; I received everything I needed.”

I’m so thankful God didn’t give me what I thought I wanted. I can’t imagine being anywhere but here! I’m doing what I absolutely LOVE, what I’ve always been most passionate about – encouraging and motivating others through public speaking! 

Plan A turned into Plan B, which eventually turned into Plan C…but, let’s be honest, my tentative schedule didn’t stand a chance against God’s timetable!


I’ve learned God writes “TBD, My child” in fine print below each of our plans that’s not visible to the naked eye. We may not be able to see it but, believe me, it’s there…and the sooner we realize this, the sooner we are able to embrace all He has for us! Although I have NO IDEA what lies ahead, I know God is already there, patiently waiting with open arms.

In Jen Hatmaker’s new book, For the Love, there’s a chapter called “Run Your Race” and in it, she says:
Stop minimizing what you are good at and throw yourself into it with no apologies. Do you know who will do this for you? No one. You are it. Don’t bury your talent, because the only thing fear yields is one dormant gift in a shallow grave. How many trot out that tired cliche — “I’m waiting for God to open a door” — and He is all, “I love you, but get going, pumpkin, because usually chasing the dream in your heart looks surprisingly like work. Don’t just stand there, bust a move.” (God often sounds like Young MC).

This website is me busting a move, y’all, and I hope you’ll join me for the dance!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
I will no longer be using this Blogger profile which means you will ONLY be able to access my blog through my WEBSITE! I have switched from Blogger to WordPress, so you'll notice the layout has changed...BUT DON'T FRET, FRIENDS, IT'S STILL ME! Remember, same blog, different location. 

Once you get to my website, feel free to subscribe to my newsletter to make sure you never miss a blog post! *halo face*

Now, in the words of Rachel from Friends:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!