Monday, October 6, 2014

Give The World A Smile

A few years ago I learned that my DeDe's favorite song was Give The World A Smile. My MeMe began laughing as she shared how he would make the baseball team sing it on the bus after every single game, win or lose. The story inspired me! I rushed home and immediately downloaded the song. Tears filled my eyes as the words began to sink in and I was reminded of the impact a joy-filled smile can have on a person's life. If you've visited my blog before, you know one of my all-time favorite quotes says, "Give a stranger a smile. It may be the only sunshine he sees all day!" We are called to be a light in the darkness and oftentimes the joy we have in Jesus Christ can be shared with a troubled soul through an enthusiastic smile! As you've heard me say time and time again, you never know what one simple smile can do to a person's life and this song is a great reminder of that!

I have attached the YouTube video below and the lyrics are as follows:


Are you giving to the world a smile?
Helping lessen someone's dreary mile?
Do you greet the world with song as through life you pass along, cheering those you may meet along life's way?
Give the world a smile each day, helping someone on life's way!
From the paths of sin oh bring the wonderer's in to the master's fold to stay.
Help to cheer the lone and sad!
Help to make some pilgrim glad!
Let your life so be that all the world might see the joy of serving Jesus with a smile!
 

 
There are many possible outcomes in the game of life. We can win, lose, forfeit, and even tie! But when our joy is found in Jesus, we are able to "give the world a smile" no matter what the outcome! I think of my DeDe every time I hear this song and I thank God for the example he set for his kids and grandkids. Although I was young when he passed away, I am excited for the day we are reunited and can sing this song together! I encourage you to "give a stranger a smile" and let the love of Christ shine through you at all times and just as the song says, "let your life so be that all the world may see the joy of serving Jesus with a smile!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!