Friday, January 8, 2016

Don't Doubt Your Doodles

I thought it was time I updated you on my journey!

When I first started my blog the summer of 2013, I spent a lot of time thinking of the title. Although I could have easily changed it down the road if I ever wanted to, I wanted the title to be perfect. I wanted it to be one I would stick with for the rest of my blogging life. 

After spending a few weeks brainstorming, it hit me:

Seeking the Sunshine

I chose this title/theme because I am a natural optimist. Although I am fully aware that life is not always rainbows and butterflies, I make it a point to look on the bright side of every situation and see circumstances from an eternal perspective...which is why Romans 8:28 is my life verse! It serves as a constant reminder that God works for our good in every situation we face, that good being us becoming more like Christ. 

My prayer and ultimate purpose behind my blog was (and still is) to encourage my readers to dream big and rely on the Lord wholeheartedly as we weather life's storms, together.

For the past three years, I've doodled what I imagined my logo would look like if I ever had one. I found myself drawing it everywhere. I drew it throughout my calendar, on the Simmons' kitchen windows (don't worry, I used window markers), and magnetic doodle boards while babysitting. It was constantly on the back of my mind. 

I had no idea those three words would become the soundtrack to my life. 

Seriously, though. Never in my life did I think the blog I started 3 years ago just for fun would play such a vital role on this journey as I set out to follow my dreams.

In fact, I had no idea I'd actually have a logo. It was just something I thought of and daydreamed about. 

Yet, by God's grace, here I am.

In my last post, I mentioned, "We can't trust God while having tunnel-vision. If we are serious about fully putting our trust in the Lord and His plans for our lives, we must be flexible and willing to let go of what we THINK is best for us and embrace what God KNOWS is best for us."

We think there is only one way for God to get us where we're going. 

There's not. 

Trusting God means trusting His plans, even when we cannot see. That's what faith is...walking into the unknown with our all-knowing Father.

The watercolor sun was painted by Linny, my high school art teacher, and my friend's husband, Jake, put it all together and designed the logo for me. I COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT THEM! Seriously...I'm like "a blind pig trying to find an acorn" (new metaphor I learned) when it comes to technology, painting, watercolors, graphic design, and photoshop! They used their gifts and talents (and their time...the best gift of all *cue tears of joy*) to help bring my ideas to life and I am so, so very thankful for them.

So, without further adieu, I introduce to you the official logo for Seeking the Sunshine:



My mission is to encourage others to have faith, live purposefully, and be a light in the darkness.

This logo represents my brand, Seeking the Sunshine! It will appear on my website, Facebook business page, Twitter, and business cards (THAT I ORDERED THE OTHER DAY AND AM REALLY, REALLY EXCITED ABOUT)! 

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT...mostly because I just ordered 500 business cards (for $20 from my new BFF, VistaPrint) with my logo on it. 

Never in a million years would I have thought I'd be where I am.

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!

The path I've been walking these last 6 months is NOTHING like I thought it would be. 

IT'S BETTER!!!!!!!!!

GOD'S PLANS ARE ALWAYS BETTER!!!!!!!!!

Be flexible and don't doubt your doodles, y'all. 

P.S. - I'LL BE LAUNCHING MY WEBSITE WITHIN THE NEXT 2-3 WEEKS! As you know, it was originally going to launch in October, but sometimes life happens and we experience hangups...and that is A-OK! There is purpose in the wait! I will keep you updated! 

HAPPY FRIDAY, FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!