Thursday, July 9, 2015

Trusting the Tracks

Now that I've graduated, a lot of you have been asking me about my future plans and, more specifically, when I plan on moving to Los Angeles. Therefore, I thought it was time I updated my readers on everything that's been going on in my life and the decisions that have been made throughout the last several months. I'm working on making my blogs shorter, so I'll be writing two separate posts about this subject. In this specific post, I will touch on the plans I made that God rearranged! In the second post, I will discuss Moses' journey to the Promise Land and how I am able to be content with where God has me right now. 

As some of you know, I had originally planned on moving to Los Angeles after I graduated. I'm ambitious, a go-getter. There's a quote that reads, "If you never go after what you want, you'll never have it." So that's what I do, I go after what I want. I always have and I always will. When Madi, Rylea and I visited Los Angeles over Christmas break, God used that trip to reassure me of my hopes and dreams and I left feeling like I was on top of the world! I wanted to move to Los Angeles STAT and had every intention to move as soon as I graduated. However, after a few months of job-hunting and praying for direction, I felt the Lord tugging at my heart to wait a little while before moving to LA. Seeing that my niece was due in June and this would be my last guaranteed summer at home, I was content with this decision. I would wait until the fall.

Well, the months flew by and before I knew it, I had graduated from Texas A&M University with a B.A. in Communication and a minor in English! WHOOP! I moved out of my apartment and moved back home to White Oak, TX. As I mentioned earlier, I was going to live at home for the summer and then head to LA in the fall. However, after praying a lot about it and after seeking advice from my family, closet friends and mentors, I made the decision to stay in White Oak for a while and look for jobs in the area. I would wait to move to LA when I had saved up money and gained experience. As they say on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, "Is that your final answer?" 

FINAL ANSWER. 

As you can see, my plans have changed a LOT! I went from moving to LA as soon as I graduated, to moving to LA in the fall, to having NO IDEA when I'll be moving to LA. It has been one heck of a roller coaster ride...but because I know the Designer, I can trust the tracks!

Stay tuned for a follow-up post that will go into further detail as to how this final decision was made and how I'm able to be at peace with everything! I'm going to be extremely honest with you guys about how the changes affected me (because it definitely wasn't an easy decision) and how God has used this situation to draw me closer to Him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!