Saturday, August 9, 2014

God's Signs

I listened to George Strait's song I Saw God Today as I made the trek to town:
I've been to church,
I've read the book
I know He's there,
but I don't look near as often as I should.
His fingerprints are everywhere,
I just look down and stop and stare,
open my eyes and then I swear,
I saw God today.

 
I thought I'd elaborate a little bit on God's existence in our lives! I remember reading a quote that said: "Faith is recognizing the subtle signs of God's presence." I believe God constantly reveals Himself to us, but it's our responsibility to uncover the "clues" and be aware of His presence in our everyday lives!

With that being said, one of the places I see God is on street signs. Yes, you read that correctly. I see God when a rainbow is refracted (No, I didn't know that word on my own...I had to look it up and ask a few people) off of the white, aluminum street signs! I see them weekly, sometimes DAILY! Here's a little background information on rainbows: In the Old Testament, after God flooded the Earth, He set His rainbow in the clouds as a covenant between Him and all of mankind, promising never to flood the Earth again. Therefore, it's safe to say rainbows represent God's promises! When I see "ROY G. BIV" gently resting on a street sign, I don't think about Noah and the ark or animals traveling two-by-two. Instead, I think about everything God promises us (victory over death, He loves us, His grace is sufficient, He is good, etc.) and I am at peace. I know, without a doubt, God is reaching out to me and reminding me that "His fingerprints are everywhere." They may not be as blatant as the rainbows I see on street signs, but they're there! We simply have to scope the premises and be willing to dust our surroundings for them! 

If you look hard enough, you'll find that God's presence is all around you, for he is with us everywhere we go! It may be through the hug of a dear friend, the smile of a stranger, the budding of a flower in the springtime, or on an aluminum street sign! All you have to do is look and have faith that he's softly whispering, "I am with you."

I would like to challenge you, no matter where you are, to simply stop and smell the roses, having faith that God is present at that very moment...because he is!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. I don't know you very well but I feel like you really are doing your best to seek after Jesus the Christ. It's inspiring to me to see your faith and I'm sure it is inspiring to more people than you think. Keep seeking and finding your Joy in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, sunshine! I am still trying to figure out how to post/read comments and am just now finding yours! I am so sorry for the delayed response! Thank you so much for your encouraging words! Thank you, also, for taking the time to read my blog! Your uplifting words and devotion to my blog mean more than you know!

      Delete

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!