Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Releasing the Reins

I realize it's been a while since I've updated you on what's happening in my life. To be honest, I didn't think I had anything to update you on...but I feel like I do now! 

When I made the decision to move home for a while (thanks again, Ma and Pa) and find a job in the area, I was looking at radio/news stations. Oprah's career began at a radio station so I thought I needed to, too! Ellen was a stand-up comedian. I thought about being a stand-up comedian...but that lasted about 3sec when I realized my legs would get tired and I'd want to sit down. Also, my jokes are about as corny as the one-liners on Laffy Taffy wrappers...or should I say LAUGHY Taffy? *wink, wink* See what I mean? Corny.

The best decision I've ever made was when I placed my plans at His feet and said, "Not my will, but Yours, be done." 

If you read Desert Development, you know my plans have changed quite a bit since I graduated. Why? Because I realize they were my plans, not His and the only plans that matter are His, not mine! Do I know what His plans are? No, not exactly...but He placed two speaking opportunities into my lap (and potentially a third) so I'm beginning to wonder if I'll get my "start" through public speaking! I don't know if that's what I'll do, but it's definitely an option so I've been praying for discernment! We'll just have to wait and see, though, won't we?

Philippians 4:6-7 has been my verse this summer: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." 

At the beginning of the summer, I was anxious. I wanted to move to Los Angeles. I didn't want to live in White Oak. I wanted to jump into the real world head first. I didn't want to be stuck in the "desert" for who knows how long. I had all these plans but none of them seemed to work out. I was frustrated. I HATED not knowing!
By the end of the summer, I found myself experiencing a peace that transcends all understanding. It's hard to find the words to explain what He has done in my heart the past few months, but I am content with where He has me, no matter how long He has me here. I am content with following Him anywhere. Now, I LOVE not knowing! It keeps me on my toes!

These past few months have been different and like nothing I've ever experienced. Between job-hunting and preparing for my two speeches, I've had a LOT of time to invest in myself and my relationship with the Lord. I've read more books about Him/His plans/His purposes in these few months than I've read in a few years. I've been alone a lot, but never felt lonely. I've rested more than I ever have before, but never got tired of doing so. Ultimately, I've been reminded time and again that it's not about me and He doesn't need me to make things happen. I know He has placed these desires on my heart for a reason and He's going to get me where I'm going. I simply have to be moving and trusting Him every step of the way!

So, that's where I'm at right now in case you were wondering! I have no idea what's next and am basically playing life by ear. I don't have a job but I'm finding simple ways to make and save money. I'm not sure which path to take, but I'm taking steps forward and that's the best direction to go. I don't know where God is leading me, but I'm following...and it's good! It's all good. God always takes care of His kids, and I know He will take care of me.



QUESTION: Do you need to let go of the reins and let God take it from here? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!