Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pass the orange juice, please!

Orange Juice isn't the only Vitamin C that has impacted my life in a healthy way. The popular artist, Vitamin C, released her debut single called "Smile" in the late 90's and it was music to my hears the first time I heard it - both literally and figuratively. This may have partly been due to the upbeat, tambourine-tappin' background singers, but I believe it was the chorus that officially did me in:

"Put a smile on your face, make the world a better place!"

It may not seem like much, but when you really sit back and let the meaning of these words sink in, you realize the depth behind them! This song changed the way I lived my life, and it poses as a constant reminder of how I should live in case I ever forget! For those of you that know me/have visited my blog before, you know that my all-time favorite quote encourages us to "give a stranger a smile. It may be the only sunshine he sees all day!" We have no idea what one simple smile can do to a person's life, for "everyone [we] meet is fighting a hard battle [we] know nothing about." That waiter at Chili's that dropped a tray of food on his way out of the kitchen? He's battling cancer and is getting weaker by the minute. That cashier at Walmart that could barely look you in the eye? She just lost a child that was about the same age as you. My point is, we have no idea who needs our smile today, and we don't realize the difference we can make if we simply put a grin on our chin and welcome those around us with open arms. Go out, smile, and let others know they are worthy and they are loved...and maybe, just maybe, they will find hope in your smile and will pay it forward! After all, smiles are contagious, for "they cost nothing and are beyond the price!" 

This, my friends, is what I dream of doing with my life. I dream of going out in the world, smiling, and making the world a better place! Join me, would you?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine." Proverbs 17:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!