Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Joys of Junior Year

I'M A SENIOR IN COLLEGE, Y'ALL!

God closed doors and opened windows (while ensuring I had plenty of ventilation) as we walked through this year hand-in-hand. I turned 21 and learned how to roller skate, got my Fightin' Texas Aggie Ring, was (by God's grace) elected as the 2014-2015 President of Sigma Phi Lambda, wore my Hump Day t-shirt every Wednesday, and fell EVEN MORE in love with Texas A&M University and my Lord and Savior! TO GOD BE THE GLORY, FOR HE IS GOOD!

Here are a FEW of my favorite memories from my junior year at Texas A&M!



Sigma Phi Lambda's Big/Little Reveal where my friendship with these two began! They are my best friends and were the answer to my prayers! I am so blessed to have them in my life!


For our Halloween Date Party at the Corn Maze, we went as the cast of F•R•I•E•N•D•S and did our best to reenact their famous 90's white tee pose! Close enough, hahaha!



Seeing that I was going as Phoebe to the Halloween Date Party, it only made sense to ask David if he'd be my "BOO" through a "Smelly Cat" remix!



This was for Phi Lamb's Barn Dance! I had a BLAST rating the other dancers that actually knew what they were doing, eating Luby's Cafeteria in our farmer outfits, and dancing the night away beneath God's blanket of stars with this gentlemen!



Songfest 2013 - "Let's Get Gatsby"



Seeing that my favorite song is and always has been "Brand New Key" by Melanie (AKA - The Roller Skate Song) I decided it was time for me to conquer my fears and start skating along with the lyrics rather than simply singing them! What better day to do this on than my 21st birthday!? I got a few bumps and bruises, but you can bet your bottom dollar I left West Campus Garage (our personalized skating rink) with a grin on my chin! 


My rootin' and tootin' (more tootin' than rootin') nephew, Tyson, from the Wild Wild West...err...East...turned a year old! He'll be greeting us with "HOWDY" before we know it! He is such a blessing and he has changed my life in more ways I could have ever imagined! He makes it so easy for me to be that crazy aunt everybody warns you about! I wish I could take him with me to College Station! 


I got my Fightin' Texas Aggie Ring! WHOOP!


Dilly Dally Allie and I dressed as Blue and Magenta from Blue's Clues for Rev Night! We will be counselors at T-Camp 2014!


Well WADDLE ya know! I am "HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY" to announce that Tom-Tom agreed to go with me to Phi Lamb's Duck Dynasty-themed Formal! "That's quacktastic!" We had a blast!



2014-2015 Sigma Phi Lambda Officers


God has taught me so much, both about myself and His plan for my life! He has shown me what it means to live a life of joy and happiness, despite my failings and shortcomings, for there is always something to be grateful for. He has shown me how important it is to surround myself with people that lift me higher, encouraging me to follow my dreams and live the life I have always imagined - people who urge me to challenge my faith and further my walk with the Lord. He has revealed to me the importance of digging into His word daily as I lean on His promises, and He reminds me every single day to seek and glorify Him above all else! Loving Him is fun and though I have done nothing to deserve anything, I am forever grateful for all He has done in my life! God is so good!

God Bless, GRIN, and Gig 'Em, Aggies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!