Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Fear vs. Faith

Don’t ever let someone tell you that you can’t do something.
Not even me. You got a dream, you gotta protect it.
When people can’t do something themselves,
they’re gonna tell you that you can’t do it.
You want something, go get it.
Period.

That's what today's post is about - chasing your dreams and going the distance no matter how far you have to travel to get there.

I get it. Life is scary! I have many sleepless nights to show for it. However, we can't live in fear of the future or of the unknown. Where's the fun in sittin' back with our feet propped up (sweet tea in hand, of course) if we're simply going to stare at the line all day long, not doing anything about it? I suppose drinking sweet tea would be nice, but that's beside the point. What I mean is...we have to take a chance! We have to be brave! We have to put one foot in front of the other and CROSS THAT LINE if we wish to fulfill God's purpose for our lives and follow our dreams! After all, life is all about taking risks, having faith, and trusting God.

As you may (or may not) know, I dream of being a talk show host one day! I want to be involved with the public and in a position that allows me to reach out to as many people as possible, encouraging them to "seek the sunshine" as they face the storms of life. However, as much as I long for this, my faith and my fears are constantly at war.
FEAR: I have no idea how (or when) this will happen, IF it's even meant to happen. Ultimately, I want to follow the path God has paved for me so there's a possibility this may change down the road! But unless he tells me otherwise, this is the direction I'm headed! When I graduate, I'm going to have to pack my hot pink suitcase that's sporting a tie-dyed bandana on its handle, grab my Bible, and get out of this town. I'm going to have to move to an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people and to be honest, that terrifies me. I have to leave my family? My friends? It costs HOW much!? The thought of all this, in the words of Annie James on The Parent Trap, "gave me a fright!"
FAITH: Despite my fears, I have to do it because I have to find out not only what the world has to offer me, but what I have to offer the world. I believe God placed these desires on my heart for a reason and I refuse to let anything or anyone stand in the way of my dreams. I believe God has a purpose for my life (and all of our lives), and I trust that if it's meant to be, He will bring my dreams (and yours, too) to pass when the time is right. It may take years. Shoot, it may take DECADES! I just don't know! What I DO know, however, is that no matter where I go or how long it takes, I will trust Him the entire way because "faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase."

I want to encourage you to do the same because we are first and foremost here to glorify God and make disciples of Jesus Christ...even if that means leaving what's comfortable for what's uncomfortable. It won't be easy. It'll be really hard but you can do it. You HAVE to do it! Don't let anything or anyone dim the fire that's been purposely placed inside your soul. Follow your dreams and "forget all the reasons why it won't work and believe the one reason that it will." Matthew 19:26 says, "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it." Keep that in mind and take that leap of faith because if you trust that God's walking hand in hand with you, you can conquer anything. Don't be afraid to jump then fall. Either way, God's leanin' in for the catch.

I pray that you roll with the punches and fight the good fight until you fulfill God's plan for your life so that when you see Him face-to-face, you will be able to look at Him with tears in your eyes and proclaim, "I did it. I used everything You gave me. I'm all used up!" Let your faith be bigger than your fears! Follow your dreams. Be a teacher! Be a news broadcaster for Good Morning America! Be a coach, a nurse, a member of Congress. If God placed it on your heart, take it and run. Live the life you've imagined since you were a child. Go the distance no matter how far you have to travel. Never give up. Instead, LOOK up and trust that God will provide a way and again, let your faith be bigger than your fears.

LIFE is our staircase! We can choose to climb it with fear or with faith. Which will you choose?

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!