Thursday, November 27, 2014

A Tie-Dyed Thanksgiving

Can you recall the exact moment(s) you learned a lesson that changed the way you viewed/lived the rest of your life? This was one of those moments for me:

As I was cleaning the kitchen windows yesterday morning, I noticed a familiar stain on the windowsill from several years ago...TIE-DYE! The memory is as clear as daylight! I distinctly remember Colby and I drenching our t-shirts in hopes of perfecting the final outcome. Unfortunately, we failed to think everything through. When it was time to remove the plastic wrap, we quickly realized we should've wrapped the shirts more in order to trap the excess liquid. There, on the wooden windowsill, was a blue and black waffle-sized stain. However, that wasn't the worst part. We feared having to break the bad news to my mom...I mean, who wouldn't? Thankfully, we had worked up the courage to do so by the time Mom got home from work. We blurted out everything and then held our breath as we waited for her reply. To my surprise, my mom laughed and said a sentence that changed my life forever: "Kristin, honeybun! There are WAY worse things in life than a tie-dye stain on my kitchen windowsill!" It was in that moment I realized that there truly are worse things in life! Here's what I'm getting at:

No matter what the situation - whether you lost your job, a loved one, are struggling financially, etc. - there is always, ALWAYS something to be grateful for! Maybe you're struggling to make ends meet, but you've got a roof over your head. Maybe you lost your job, but you had a teacher who taught you how to persevere, despite the difficulties, until you get back on your feet again. Maybe you don't understand God's plan for your life, but you know Jesus as your Savior and because of that, you're able to trust the Lord and His plan, even if you can't see what He's doing right now. 

No matter how you're spending this Thanksgiving day, I pray that you write down everything you have to be thankful for. If you can't think of anything, I have one for you: "I woke up this morning and have breath in my lungs." May you know that, like the stained windowsill in the Koonce kitchen, there are worse things in life. May you "seek the sunshine" and find joy in the midst of your suffering. May you be grateful for the trials and tribulations you are facing, because it is through the darkest times God is shaping us to become more like CHRIST! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! God bless you all.


I thought I'd share my Transformation Tuesday picture with you. As you can see, I've always taken my "Pilgrim Pride" seriously! Once a pilgrim, always a pilgrim! 



This is a repost from last Thanksgiving so you'll know why I was dressed as a pilgrim in the above photo! I just hopped off the Mayflower and wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving from those of us at Plymouth Rock! I pray for safe travels and full bellies, and that we're reminded how truly blessed we are to simply be ALIVE! As you count your blessings, remember that despite the upsets, God remains faithful and He is good to us! "Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day!" As you count your blessings, know that if you're reading this, I will be including each of you when I count mine! God Bless, y'all! "Praise the LORD! Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever." Psalm 106:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!