Tuesday, November 4, 2014

COMPASS by Lady Antebellum

I've recently become obsessed with the song Compass by Lady Antebellum. The song has been out for quite some time now but I seem to always be behind on what's "hot" and what's not. If you haven't heard this song, I encourage you to stop what you're doing and listen to it because the lyrics speak volumes:

So let your heart, sweetheart, 
Be your compass when you're lost 
And you should follow it wherever it may go
When it's all said and done 
You can walk instead of run
'Cause no matter what you'll never be alone
You'll never be alone

This song makes me think about the future and how foreign post-grad life is to me. It will be unfamiliar, outside of my comfort zone, and ultimately terrifying. It will be challenging, a testament of my faith, and humbling. However, as I hum the chorus aloud to myself, the fear slowly begins to fade away and I find myself even more determined to follow my dreams and the desires of my heart because, just as a compass always points north, I believe your heart will always lead you in the right direction and get you to wherever it is you're going.

This song also makes me think about my hometown and everyone who has played a role in shaping me into the person I am today, individuals who have encouraged me to "DREAM BIG" and "TAKE THE WORLD BY STORM" as I discover God's purpose for my life. I know that no matter where this life takes me, even if I'm miles from home, I'll never be alone. There will always be people who love me, believe in me, and want what's best for me. I think it's important to know where we're headed, but I also think it's important to remember where we come from and the people who helped us along the way, the people who will be there to remind us who we are if ever we forget.

COMPASS CONCLUSION: Follow your heart wherever it leads you because it somehow already knows the way! Figure out what you want in life and do whatever it takes to get there, but always remember the people who helped get you to where you are as you make your way to where you want to be! Above all else, know that there are people who love you and believe in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!