Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Backing in at Bealls

As I was backing into a parking spot at Bealls today, a man who was walking to his vehicle noticed I was struggling to get my car just right without hitting the cars around me. Smiling, he held up his pointer finger and told me to wait just a second as he walked to the back of my car. Don't worry, Mom, my doors were locked! *wink, wink* He then began waving me back to ensure I got my car all the way into the space without hitting anyone. After I rolled my window down and thanked him, I noticed it was his car that was parked behind me.

I don't know about y'all, but I usually roll my eyes when a car pulls into the spot in front of me because I had every intention of pulling forward through the spot to leave so I didn't have to back out. Not this man, though. He didn't mind me occupying the spot in front of him. In fact, instead of getting in his car and driving off like your average person would do, he stayed out in this 100°F TEXAS HEAT a little while longer just to make sure a stranger didn't hit the cars around her.

I'm thankful for this man's unselfish heart in what I would have made a selfish situation had it been the other way around. 

God used those few minutes to remind me that it really is the little things in life that make a big difference. I was truly blessed!

Kindness matters, y'all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!