Friday, July 24, 2015

"Random Run-ins"

One of my favorite things about life is running into people who have influenced my life in one way or another unexpectedly. You know the "random run-ins" I'm talking about. The ones that actually aren't random at all. We may not have expected to bump into them, but God knew the "collision" would be taking place and He smiled just as much as we did, if not more, when it finally happened. 

I believe God ordains "random run-ins" to remind us who we are, where we come from, and who He purposely placed in our life to help us along the way. Without these individuals, we would not be who or where we are today. We may not get to see these individuals very often. In fact, we may go YEARS without seeing them, but they're always with us because their influence never stops. Maybe they taught you 8th grade English, maybe they let you join their Sunday School class when you were the only college student, or maybe they babysat you when you were little. Again, you know who I'm talking about. I'm sure a few people are coming to mind as you read this. These individuals fill your heart with so much joy and gladness when you see them, you can't help but praise God for the role they played in your life all those years ago. These are the run-ins we remember and cherish days, months, and years later. 

I remember seeing Mrs. Becky at Ellis Pottery, Mrs. Coones at McAlister's, and the Scoggin family at El Sombrero (that one actually just happened last night and was the inspiration behind this post, but you catch my drift) because I remember how happy I was to unexpectedly see a few of the individuals who helped change my world. 

God knows WHO we need in our life and WHEN we need them! They may not be physically in our lives, but they remain in our hearts forever. We take a piece of them with us everywhere we go until we meet again some day. I am so thankful for "random run-ins" that aren't so random after all but are, instead, divinely planned by our gracious Father to remind us that we didn't get here alone...and what a beautiful reminder this is! We are blessed! God is so good and His grace is never-ending!

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much! Your comments, thoughts, and concerns are always welcome here and are greatly appreciated!